Unveiling the Bountiful Health Benefits of Curry Leaves
Curry leaves or Kadi patta or Murraya koenigii or sweet neem leaves is mainly found in South Asian part. From their role in culinary dishes to their remarkable medicinal properties, curry leaves are a powerhouse of nutrients. It has a delightful aroma which is present in every south Indian dish call it rasam, dal, sambhar, vada, rava idli, stews, chutneys, curries. These small, aromatic leaves possess a treasure trove of health benefits that have been cherished for centuries.
Curry leaves are famous only and only for their qualities. Consuming it in food or having as a herbal tea or apply it on hair, it is very beneficial in every way.
- Lustrous hair growth. The powerful nutrients in curry leaves like beta-carotene, protein, iron helps in maintaining the healthy growth of hair and prevents hair loss.
- Rich in Vitamins(vitamin-A,B,C,E) minerals( Calcium, iron, phosphorus)
- Treats the adverse stomach conditions. As the curry leaves have medicinal properties, its prolonged use in the diet will treat various indigestion issues like acidity, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Good for skin texture, improves appearance and glow. Being a powerhouse of anti-oxidant, curry leaves are use to improve the texture of your skin, aging related damage caused on the skin and overall appearance.
- Curry leaves have anti-bacterial properties and help in using various infections. It also helps in improving the immunity system and fight with the common causing bacterial infections.
- Very useful for the diabetic people. Diabetic people need the food which is low in sugar or slows down the absorption of sugar. Curry leaves plays very important role for the diabetic patients, as it slows the sugar absorption.
- Curry leaves are for relieving pain and used as an analgesic for ages.
- It treats anemia. Being a good source of iron and vitamin C, it is also useful in curing iron deficiency and absorption of iron in the body.
How to use curry leaves for hair growth:
If you are facing loss of hair, baldness, grey hair or thinning of hair then this curry leaves oil/ mask is one best solution. It has multiple nutrients which keep the hair healthy, strong, increase its growth and make them shiny and thick. Best part about the kadi patta oil/ mask is that it has zero side effects. On the counter it gives you healthy growing hair, don’t wait further to improve your hair growth, try this wonder oil/mask for your all hair problem. Once you start using these magical homemade products, you are definitely going to stop all the chemical products who are going to destroy your hair further.
Curry leaves hair oil
Curry Leaves and Stem 3 cups
Coconut Hair Oil 1.5 cup
Fenugreek Seeds 1 spoon
Sliced Onion 1 small
- Boil the Hair oil
- To the boiling oil add methi dana/ fenugreek seeds and let it splutter.
- After this add sliced onion to it. Fry till it turns slightly brown (no water content left).
- Now add the curry leaves to boiling oil. Fry them till they turn crisp (no water content left).
- Strain the complete oil in a jar and use the super healthy oil for oiling your hair and see the drastic change in your hair growth.
Curry leaves mask
Curry Leaves 3 cups
Curd 1.5 cup
Fenugreek Seeds 1 spoon
- Soak the methi seeds/powder in the curd for 3-4 hours.
- Add curd and methi in the grinder. To this add the curry leaves and make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the hair for 30-40 mins.
- Rinse it with water and feel the smoothness in your hair.
How to use curry leaves in your diet:
Some inexpensive recipes of consuming curry leaves in different ways in your diet.
Curry leaves dry powder.
- Take a bunch of curry leaves, wash them thoroughly and let them dry in open area but not in the sunlight.
- Crush them fine with the hands or powder them in grinder.
- This powder we can use in buttermilk, raita, dal or simply mix it with salt and have a teaspoon with water.
Curry Leaves Chutney:
Make a chutney of curry leaves. In monsoon, when coriander leaves, mint leaves are unavailable switch to this tasty curry leaves chutney.
- Curry leaves- 1 cup
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind – ½ inch or curd – 3-4 spoon (for sourness)
- Dry Red chilli – 2 to3
- Garlic – 4-5 clove(optional)
- Peanuts – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Grind them all together in mixer and the super nutritious chutney is ready to eat.
- Serve it with dosas, paranthas, uttapams or have it rice or sabji or dal.
Curry Leaves Tadka:
Make a tadka/ tempering of curry leaves. This tempering of curry leaves is a taste enhancer, it changes the complete flavor of the dish.
- In a frying pan add ghee/oil, heat the ghee.
- Add mustard seeds( black sarson), hing ,curry leaves.
- Add this tadka on freshly prepared dal, chutney or raita
Conclusion: Curry leaves are a prime example of nature’s ability to provide both culinary pleasure and holistic wellness. Beyond their role in enhancing dishes, these unassuming leaves offer an array of health benefits, from digestive support to potential blood sugar regulation. As you savor the flavors of curry-infused meals, remember that these leaves are more than a culinary delight—they are a testament to the intricate connection between food and health. Embrace the goodness of curry leaves, and let them enrich your journey toward a healthier and more vibrant life.